Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye Monroe, until we meet again

Our sweet, sweet Monroe passed away on January 1st. An intestinal infection took all of her energy and her tiny body was not able to overcome what was asked of it. We have never known love as we have since the moment we saw her heartbeat on the ultrasound, and then the love we have for her was multiplied so many times over from the moment we saw her and then again as we saw her feisty personality and unbelievable strength. Our love will never diminish and she will be in our hearts every day. We were so very lucky to know and love Monroe. Life will never be the same and we would never want it to be. She is the best, most beautiful baby we ever could have wished for and we will be thankful every single day for the time we had with her. We are so lucky to have the best family and friends and our newfound friends through our journey at the NICU. You have all been supportive and generous and wonderful and with you we honor her memory with love. Thank you.

139

073

2 comments:

  1. Jill and Sara, I am so sorry for your loss! My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so glad you had some time with her to build the memories you will forever hold dear. You will be in my thoughts, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill and Sara - I have no idea what to say, but I wanted to let you know my heart breaks for you as I know the ferocity of a mom's love for her child. You have been in my thoughts as soon as I found out Monroe came early. I hope you will soon find peace in the memories you shared. - Allison Hinrichs Peet

    ReplyDelete