Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hiccups!

Last night Monroe lost about 10 grams so she is at 1 pound, 14.3 ounces. We're hoping tonight is the night for a 20 gram weight gain! Her oxygen saturation has been a little up and down today, she's getting used to her lower CPAP level and still getting used to her stomach feedings. But, overall, she looks great and has been happy most of the day.

I held her for a couple hours this morning and we did what they call kangaroo care, I held her on my skin and they give me a bathrobe like I'm at the spa. Only I'm definitely not at the spa.

DSC00037

She has been SO alert the past few days and has her eyes open for at least a few minutes each time we hold her. It's so nice to see her beautiful eyes and to get that time to interact with her. She seems to have better control over her eyes and it looks like she is making good efforts and attempts to focus on things, even though I know she can't see too much quite yet.




While I held her she had the hiccups. It's always cute when she has them and luckily they don't usually last too long.



When it was time for her to go back into her bed she was not very happy with us getting her dressed and changing her diaper. She was all about her pacifier though and even held onto it herself for a minute or so. It was really cute.

003

Have I mentioned I know some of the sweetest and best knitters in the world? They are amazing friends too. I received this blanket with a square knit by many of my friends and then seamed up by Sally in Alaska. It's gorgeous and is so meaningful how many people contributed to knitting it during a very busy time of the year. Monroe, Jill and I are so lucky to have so many people who care about us and take the time to show us that they are thinking of us.

IMG_7106.jpg

Also got a fabulous package from Brittany with this adorable sweater and hats.

IMG_2161.jpg

Brittany also sent this adorable onesie, some pants, a toy and this awesome snuggle sack. Such a wonderful friend.

IMG_0665.jpg

Turns out the video camera doesn't take the best photos, but it's small and I'm not afraid of dropping it on her like my giant camera. So, I guess the pictures aren't the greatest, but at least I can take them while I'm holding her.

No comments:

Post a Comment